Engineer Syndrome

I had a mentor that once said he is only aware of two syndromes that computers have. The one is the closed box syndrome, and the other the engineer syndrome. For when the engineer is on-site it works, and when you test it while it's all opened up, it works. But boy-oh-boy... just wait for the engineer to leave the site, or the box to be closed shut.

I just wished I can get paid for "staying on site, doing nothing while the system is too scared to do anything wrong" when put on my invoices :(

As I personally have to stay away from caffeine/stimulants (You want to scrape me of the roofs and walls???), I sometimes get the feeling that IT guys do get addicted to caffeine because it's the cheapest and most widely available hallucinogen available, as after a couple of cups of coffee, you'll not care anymore about the boss's problems, as your mind is so charged and ready to attack the next beast/enemy in Doom3/Quake/Half-Life/etc.

No comments:

Mac OSX settings to not forget

[pre class="prettyprint"] sudo spctl --master-disable [/pre]